1 October 2019
Take to the court at BS7 Gym, perfect your swing and up your cardio game. Here at BS7 Gym, we have a traditional court available for a sociable squash session or match play.
In just 45 minutes, a game of squash offers the hardest cardio and aerobic workout you can get. Constant running, marking and hitting the ball is a great intense full body workout.
Join BS7 Gym’s squash league and enjoy competition with your fellow members and BS7 Gym staff.
A squash workout can:
- Increase strength and fitness levels.
- Contribute to your weight loss efforts.
- Improve flexibility and back muscle strength.
- Develop your coordination, agility and flexibility.
- Offer a great workout with friends.
- Help tone the legs and glutes.
The general idea of squash is to keep hitting the ball against the front wall until your opponent fails to hit it back.
- If the ball bounces twice, hits the floor or goes outside of the line, the rally is lost.
- The player that scores 11 points first wins the game
- Matches can be played by either two (singles) or four (doubles) players.
- When serving, one foot must be within the service box
- You must hit the ball within the boundaries on the back wall
- The ball can hit the side wall at any time if at some point it hits the back wall
- You cannot hit the ball twice or carry the ball
- If a match gets to 10-10, a player must win by two clear points
At BS7 Gym, we have more than just a squash court to help you reach your fitness goals. We have fantastic Membership’s available, from a Student to a Joint Membership, we ensure that you get the best for what you pay for. For more information on how to join BS7 Gym, Click here.